Villa Philmonte is a large ranch home located outside of Cimarron, New Mexico, on Philmont Scout Ranch owned of the Boy Scouts of America.
The Villa was built in 1926 by oil magnate Waite Phillips who used it to oversee his 300,000 acres (1,200 km2) cattle ranch in northeast New Mexico. It was built in a Spanish-style motif befitting the American Southwest. Phillips named the House by combining the first half of his name with monte, the Spanish word for mountain. In addition to the Villa, Phillips built several other retreats on his ranch’s property, including Fish Camp on the Agua Fria Creek and Hunting Lodge near Cimarroncito.