First Baptist Church, historically named Shiloh Baptist Church, is a historic church at 506 E. 8th Street in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The congregation was organized in 1866 as Shiloh Baptist Church by a group of men who had served as soldiers in the Union Army during the Civil War. Initially they worshiped in a blacksmith shop; subsequently they met for worship in members' homes. The church building was built in 1885 with the labor of former slaves. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.