The Venetian Theatre is a movie theater, performing arts venue, and restaurant in downtown Hillsboro, Oregon, United States. Formerly the Town Theater, the building re-opened in 2008 after more than a decade of inactivity and revitalization plans. Built in 1888 as a bank, later mayor Orange Phelps converted the property into a theater in 1911 and in 1925 converted it into a two-story Italianate building with a larger auditorium. Prior to renovation the theater was owned by the city of Hillsboro who purchased it from Act III Theaters.
Located in downtown Hillsboro on Main Street between Second and Third avenues, the theater is one block north of the Hillsboro Central MAX light rail station. The 16,000-square-foot (1,500 m2) space includes a 370-seat theater, and a restaurant with an upstairs balcony. The balcony sits above Main Street and has roll-up windows. On the exterior are decorative terra cotta urns and red colored roof tiles on Main Street. Designed to encourage late night patronage of the downtown area, the theater is a centerpiece of revitalization efforts of that part of Hillsboro.
The current building is a multi-use facility that includes a theater and restaurant. The theater exhibits movies, presents live performances, is a live music venue, and can be used as meeting space. The casual dining restaurant features a European menu with items including pizza, soup, sandwiches, and hamburgers, all of which can be eaten in the theater.