The Paris Theater is a 581-seat single-screen movie theater, located in Manhattan in New York City. It often shows art films and foreign films in their original languages. The theater was opened by Pathé Cinema on September 13, 1948, when actress Marlene Dietrich cut the inaugural ribbon in the presence of the U.S. Ambassador to France.
Located at 4 West 58th Street, just west of Fifth Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, it has specialized in foreign (especially French language) and independent films. It is located across the street from the Plaza Hotel. The theater has been a destination for many of the city's intellectuals and movie connoisseurs, as motion pictures by directors including Federico Fellini and Franco Zeffirelli have been shown.