The Cherry Street Tavern is a bar and restaurant located at 22nd and Cherry Streets in the Logan Square neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is notable for being a local landmark having been operated in the same location since the early 1900s. The bar was for some years owned by local football legend John Flannery, until he sold it to brothers Bill and Bob Loughery in 1990.
The tavern was first licensed as a bar in 1905. During Prohibition, the actual bar itself was removed from the building and replaced with a barber's chair with the tavern being transformed into a barber shop, although men went there for more than a haircut. At the time, women had to enter the tavern through the "ladies' entrance," a rear door leading into a back room, as only men were allowed into the bar room. A no-longer-used urinal trough runs along the base of the bar. At one time, patrons could drink eat and urinate in the same place.