The Britton Cottage was the residence of Nathaniel Lord Britton, a botanist and the creator of the New York Botanical Garden. The house was originally located at the intersection of New Dorp Lane and Cedar Grove Avenue in the New Dorp Beach section of Staten Island, New York.
The oldest section of the cottage dates to 1671, with additions in the mid-18th century. It is constructed of stone and timberframe components. Dr. Britton deeded the house to the Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences in 1915. The cottage was moved to Historic Richmondtown in 1967 from its former location on New Dorp Lane.