According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.2square miles (11.0Square kilometers), all of it land. Forest Hill began around 1860. The community was called Brambleton Station and Forest Hill Village before being named Forest Hill. By 1896 the community had its first schools and was established as a suburb of Fort Worth. In 1905 Old Mansfield Road and Forest Hill Drive were the city's two main roads. In 1912 citizens drilled a "crooked hole well," the first private water system in the community. By 1925 the community had 25 residents and two businesses. Forest Hill gained a new source of water in the Early 1940s. Forest Hill is a suburb of Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas, United States. The population was 12,949 at the 2000 census.