Tellico Plains is a town in Monroe County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 859 at the 2000 census. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.6 square miles (4.1 km2), all land. The town is located on the Tellico River near the location where the river emerges from the higher peaks of the Appalachian Mountains and into the less rugged Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians.
- Tellico Plains High School
- Tellico Plains Junior High School
- Tellico Plains Elementary School
- Rural Vale Elementary School
- Coker Creek Elementary School