St. Stephen's Episcopal Church is a historic parish of the Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania, founded in 1822 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and located at 19 South Tenth Street, on the corner of Tenth Street and Ludlow Street. St. Stephen's was designed by William Strickland in the Gothic revival style. It is the oldest extant building in Philadelphia in this style and was designed by a master of the Greek Revival style, thus marking the beginning of the end of the use of the Neo-Classical style in Philadelphia. St. Stephen's first service was held on February 27, 1823. On June 4, 1979, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.