St. Mary of the Seven Sorrows Church (commonly St. Mary's Catholic Church and formerly the Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin of the Seven) is a historic Catholic parish in downtown Nashville
. Its church at 330 5th Avenue, N. in Nashville, Tennessee, built in 1845, it is the oldest extant church in Nashville and the first Catholic church in what is now the Diocese of Nashville
The church was designed by William Strickland, also architect of the Tennessee State Capitol
and other landmarks. The late antebellum Greek Revival structure features a gabled front entrance of two fluted Ionic order columns supporting a classical pediment. The cornerstone was laid in 1844.Richard Pius Miles, the first Bishop of Nashville, was the driving force behind its construction, and he is now buried there.The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1970.