St. Louis Street Missionary Baptist Church is a historic African American church in Mobile, Alabama. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 08, 1976, due to its architectural and historic significance.
St. Louis Street Missionary Baptist Church began as a part of Mobile's African Baptist Church, located near the intersection of Springhill Avenue and Ann Street. The congregation was active by 1836, constructed its own building by 1839, and eventually became known as the Stone Street Baptist Church. A rift in this earlier church, over the sponsorship of a statewide missionary program, lead some members to establish what would become the St. Louis Street Missionary Baptist Church. The new congregation initially met near the intersection of Springhill Avenue and Broad Street, but by 1859 they had purchased the property on Dearborn Street.