Saint Joseph Cathedral, is located at 50 Franklin Street, in downtown Buffalo, New York and is currently the cathedral church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo.
In 1915 a new cathedral, also called St. Joseph's was built on Delaware Ave. and Utica Streets. And this church became known as St. Joseph's Old Cathedral. In 1977 after the demolition of the new cathedral, this "old cathedral" once again became known as St. Joseph's Cathedral.
Installed in St. Joseph's in 1870, the bells were too large for the cathedral's tower and never worked properly. Currently all but 2 of the bells have been removed from the church tower. The loft in the rear of the church contains a 3,627 pipe Hook & Hastings organ.