The sign was designed by the National Park Service Branch of Plans and Designs in 1936 and was built by Civilian Conservation Corps labor from Camp NP-2. It was altered in 1940 to the design of Park Service architects H.W. Young and A.C. Kuehl. The sign reflects a consistent design theme that was developed for many park structures in Zion.
View South Entrance Sign guide >