Schmitz Park, also known as Schmitz Preserve Park, is a 53.1 acre (215,000 m²) park around 15 blocks east of Alki Point in West Seattle, Washington. It features Schmitz Park Creek and one of the last stands of old-growth forest in the city.
Ferdinand and Emma Schmitz donated 30 acres (121,000 m²) of the park to the city in 1908. (Ferdinand was the city's Parks Commissioner from 1908 to 1914). Additions to the park were purchased in 1909, 1930, 1947, and 1958. In 1953, Schmitz Park Elementary School opened to the public. The school is a single story building that sits adjacent to the only piece of old growth forest remaining in the city.