San Pedro Municipal Ferry Building is a former ferry terminal building located in San Pedro, Los Angeles, California which houses the Los Angeles Maritime Museum. It was built in 1941 as a Works Project Administration project. Designed by B. Irvine in the Streamline Moderne style, the building was a working ferry terminal from 1941 to 1963. During those years, ferries transported thousands of passengers and vehicles to and from the canneries and military bases on Terminal Island. In 1963, the Vincent Thomas Bridge was completed connecting the mainland to Terminal Island, and there was no longer a need for ferry service.
Accordingly, the ferry service was terminated. The terminal building on the Terminal Island side was demolished, but the building on the San Pedro side was used for many years as an office building by the Los Angeles Harbor Department. As the ferry building began to deteriorate, citizens of San Pedro sought to have it restored.