Safeco Plaza, previously 1001 Fourth Avenue Plaza, and the Seattle-First National Bank Building, is a 50-floor building in downtown Seattle, Washington. Locals nicknamed it "The Box the Space Needle Came In". When this 192 m (630 ft) office building was built in 1968–1969, it dwarfed Smith Tower, which had reigned as downtown's tallest building since 1914, and edged out the Space Needle (1962) in Seattle Center by 25 feet (7.6 m).
It was also the first Class A office building in Seattle. Safeco Insurance Company of America leased the building May 23, 2006 to be its headquarters, and renamed it Safeco Plaza.