Rutgers Presbyterian Church is a Presbyterian house of worship in New York City. The church's origins date to 1798 in Lower Manhattan. The first church building was erected on a plot of ground donated by Colonel Henry Rutgers at the corner of what would become Henry Street (Manhattan) and Rutgers Street. Church building was paid for by contributions from the members. The original charter contained 107 names, and the first church building was dedicated on May 13, 1798. Today's Rutgers Church was opened in 1926 and is located at 236 West 73rd Street in New York's Upper West Side.