Rhame is a city in Bowman County, North Dakota in the United States. The population was 169 at the 2010 census. Rhame was founded in 1908.
Rhame was founded in 1908 as Petrel, North Dakota, when the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad, the "Milwaukee Road," established a station here. The post office was established February 8, 1908, but was changed to Rhame in June 1908, since Petrel was already in use for a railroad station in neighboring Adams County. The city and surrounding Rhame Township were named for Mitchell Davison Rhame (1846 – 1913), who was a district engineer for the railroad.
Rhame incorporated as a village in 1913. It became a city in 1967 after the North Dakota Legislature eliminated incorporation titles for villages and towns. As a result, all incorporated municipalities in North Dakota automatically adopted a city form of government.