Quanah is a city in and the county seat of Hardeman County, Texas, United States, 192 miles (309km) northwest of Fort Worth, and a few miles from the Oklahoma-Texas state line. It is named for Quanah Parker, the last Comanche chief. Southeast of Quanah and south of Chillicothe is the ghost town of Medicine Mound, which consists of two buildings. One is a restoration of a former general store, which highlights the history of rural America. The curator is Myna Potts. The community was organized in 1884 as a stop on the Fort Worth and Denver Railway.