Pilling's Pond is a privately owned urban waterfowl reserve and breeding ground in the North Seattle neighborhood of Licton Springs, Seattle, Washington. It was created by lifetime resident Charles A. Pilling and has been a bird breeding site and a roadside attraction since the 1920s.Over the years, the size of the pond was expanded to 100 by 50 feet (30 × 15 m) on the half-acre lot. It was fed fresh water by diverting Licton Springs.
Pilling gained international fame when in 1955 the International Wild Waterfowl Association (IWWA) recognized him as the first to breed the hooded merganser in captivity. He received the female merganser as an injured duck, nursed her to health and then found a male partner for her. This was followed by similar awards in 1964 for the bufflehead and in 1977 for being first to breed the harlequin duck. He received the Grand Master Breeder Award from the American Game Bird Breeders Cooperative Federation.Pilling's Pond as a non-commercial enterprise continues as a historical and educational resource for the Licton Springs neighborhood.