Pier 54 in New York City is a former Cunard White Star Line pier that is associated with the 1912 RMS Titanic and 1915 RMS Lusitania maritime disasters. It is now part of Hudson River Park.
Pier 54 was one of a set of piers running along the West Side of Manhattan from West 12th to 23rd Street that made up the Chelsea Piers that was completed in 1910. It was designed by the architectural firm of Warren and Wetmore, which also designed Grand Central Terminal. The piers replaced a hodgepodge of run-down waterfront structures with a row of grand buildings embellished with pink granite facades.
The pier itself is at Little West 12th Street and the Hudson River in the Meatpacking District/Greenwich Village neighborhood. Components of the Chelsea Piers included the White Star Line in the north and the Cunard Line in the south. The Titanic was headed for Pier 59 (at about 18th Street).