Terre Hill is a borough in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,237 at the 2000 census, which rose to 1,261, as of July 2008. According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.5 square miles (1.3 km2), all of it land.
Terre Hill was formerly known as Fairville, Pennsylvania. It was incorporated as a borough in 1907 after a successful court battle to separate from East Earl Township, Pennsylvania. Geographically, Terre Hill overlooks the Weaverland Valley of eastern Lancaster County. The borough was once considered to be the hub of cigar-making in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. One of its most recognizable landmarks is a 19th Century clock located at the borough hall. Terre Hill's population was estimated to be 1,261, as of July 2008. It is home to the second-fewest residents of any incorporated borough in Lancaster County, with the exception of Christiana, Pennsylvania. Terre Hill has no traffic lights as of 2010.