Pelham Parkway is a local station on the IRT White Plains Road Line of the New York City Subway. Located in the Bronx at the intersection of Pelham Parkway and White Plains Road, it is served by the 2 train at all times, and the 5 train during rush hours in the peak direction.This elevated station opened on March 3, 1917 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 30, 2005. It has three tracks and two side platforms with the center express track not normally used in revenue service.
Due to the wideness of Pelham Parkway and its service roads, the entire station, including the platform windscreens, canopies, and outer street support columns, is enclosed in concrete over the steel structure. A green trim line runs on top of the windscreens and no columns support the canopies.
This station has two mezzanines, both of which are beneath the tracks and platforms. The full-time one is at the south end and has a staircase and elevator from each platform going down to a waiting area/crossunder, where a turnstile bank provides access to and from the station. The Manhattan-bound platform also has a short, up-only escalator from the station house. Outside fare control, there is a token booth, one staircase and elevator going down to the southwest corner of Pelham Parkway's south service road and White Plains Road, and one up-escalator from the southeast corner of the same intersection. The three elevators make this station fully ADA-accessible.
The north station house, which was renovated in the late 1990s, is unstaffed, containing two staircases from each platform, two more from either northern corners of Pelham Parkway's north service road and White Plains Road, and full height turnstiles.The artwork at this station, installed during a 2004-2007 renovation, is called Back to the Garden by Tomie Arai. It consists of stained glass windows on the platform windscreens depicting images of trees and plants, inspired by the nearby zoo and botanical garden.