St Mark's Episcopal Church, Philadelphia, at 1625 Locust St, Center City, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is an Episcopal church in the Anglo-Catholic tradition. It is part of the Diocese of Pennsylvania.
The church was founded in the mid-19th Century as part of the Tractarian Oxford Movement revival in the Anglican Church. The building was built by John Notman in the Gothic Revival style between 1847 and 1849, based on an original design by English architect Richard Cromwell Carpenter. The tower was designed by Notman, and completed in 1865 by George Hewitt. The Lady Chapel was designed by Cope & Stewardson in the Late Decorated Gothic style. It was built in 1900; the ceiling is the first known example in the US of a stone vault. Both construction of the chapel and its furnishings were donated by Rodman Wanamaker in memory of his late wife. Because of its architectural quality and significance, the building has been designated a National Historic Landmark (NHL).
In the summer of 2008, the Standing Committee of the Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania voted to allow St. Mark's to adopt the Church Of St. James The Less
as a mission of St. Mark's. The church maintains a daily Mass schedule, as well as running a food cupboard and soup kitchen. The Reverend Sean E. Mullen, is the 14th Rector of the parish. The Associate Rector is the Reverend Erika Takacs. Assisting clergy are the Reverends Nicholas B. Phelps, Marie Z. Swayze, and Joseph N. Wildsmith. Ministry Intern is Dr. Peter Kountz.