The New York Tribune Building was a building built by Richard Morris Hunt in 1875 in New York City. It was built as the headquarters of the New York Tribune, and was a brick and masonry structure topped by a Clock Tower. It was 260 feet (79 m) tall and was demolished in 1966. The Tribune Building was located at 154 Printing House Square on Nassau and Spruce streets, next to the New York World Building, which was the headquarters for the New York World newspaper. The Tribune Building was one of the first high-rise elevator buildings.
Originally a nine-story building, between 1903 and 1905, nine more floors were added by the architects D'Oench & Yost and L. Thouyard to make it an 18-story building. The building has been put forward as a possible candidate as the first ever skyscraper. Pace University held its first classrooms in the building, renting out one room in 1906. The building was demolished in 1966 to make room for the 1 Pace Plaza building.