The Milwaukee Theatre (originally Milwaukee Auditorium) is a theater in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The building was extensively renovated from 2001-2003, at which point it received its current name. It seats 4,086 people and can be configured into a more intimate venue that seats 2,500. It is located at 500 W. Kilbourn Avenue in downtown Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee Auditorium was built in 1909, in a place formerly occupied by the Milwaukee Industrial Exposition Building, which had been destroyed by fire in 1905. The Milwaukee Auditorium held 13,520 people, and had 104,952 square feet (9,750.4 m2) of exhibition space.The cornerstone was laid on August 1, 1908, and the building was dedicated on September 21, 1909
Beginning in October 2001, the Auditorium was converted into a theater.The project, which cost $41.9 million, was completed on November 7, 2003.