The Metropolitan United Methodist Church is a church in the New Center area of Detroit, Michigan, 8000 Woodward Avenue (at Chandler). It was constructed in 1926, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, and designated a Michigan State Historic Site in 1986.
The church is a very large structure in the English Gothic style, built from a distinctive ochre granite from Massachusetts. It is built in a traditional cruciform design buttressed with several low side wings and a gabled roof. The sanctuary occupies the western half of the building while the eastern half contains an auditorium, offices and classrooms. A hallway on the main level separates the sanctuary from the auditorium. The walls of both spaces retract allowing up seating for up to 7,000 with a view of the chancel.