McIver’s Cabin is a popular destination for off-road enthusiasts and serves as a shelter for hikers of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). It is located in the Kiavah Wilderness area of the Sequoia National Forest near the PCT and at the end of the McIver 4X4 road. It was purchased in 1938 by Murdo George McIver and moved from Sand Canyon, where it was used in building the LA Aqueduct, to its present location. Miner McIver chose the location due to its proximity to his mining claim and a source of natural spring water, later named McIver's Spring. McIver was born January 05, 1893 in Hoople, North Dakota and died May 11, 1981 in Bakersfield, CA.