The University of Michigan Matthaei Botanical Gardens (300 acres, 121 hectares) are botanical gardens with a conservatory operated by the University Of Michigan. They are located at 1800 North Dixboro Road in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The grounds and conservatory are open daily without charge. The Conservatory, Garden Store, and Lobby are open 7 days a week: Mon., Tues., and Thurs. - Sun., 10:00 am-4:30 pm; Wednesdays 10 am-8 pm.
The Botanical Gardens includes outdoor display gardens, the Gaffield Children's Garden, a 10,000+ square-foot conservatory, and natural areas with walking trails. The gardens are named after former Michigan regent Frederick C. Matthaei, Sr. and his wife Mildred, who donated 200 acres (0.81 km2) of land.
Matthaei Botanical Gardens offers activities and resources for all visitors, from families to gardening enthusiasts to hikers, birders, scientists, volunteers, and to University of Michigan faculty, staff, and students. The Gardens is dedicated to environmental stewardship and to enriching the understanding and enjoyment of the natural World through research, creative works, public outreach, and educational programs and workshops for adults and children.