Market House, in Fayetteville, North Carolina, is "one of the few structures in America which employs the town hall-market scheme found in England. Meat and produce were sold under the open first-floor arcade while the second floor served as the town hall and general meeting place. The cupola bell still rings breakfast, dinner, sundown, and curfew." Completed in 1832, it was built on the ruins of the old State House and served as a town market until 1906.
It served as Fayetteville Town Hall until 1907. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1973. The Market House Museum is located on the second floor and features 'rotating monthly, special-emphasis Market House exhibits'.