Lundy (formerly Mill Creek) is a defunct community in Mono County, California, United States, located on Mill Creek in Lundy Canon near the west end of Lundy Lake. It is situated at an elevation of 7858 feet (2395 m). It was named after W.J. Lundy who operated a sawmill near Lundy Lake. The sawmill was a major timber producer for the nearby town of Bodie, California. Lundy also had a mining camp that was established in 1879. The Lundy post office ran from 1880-1914.Like many gold rush camps, Lundy is now defunct. The building of a dam raised Lundy Lake, and part of the site where the community once stood is now submerged.
Lundy is now a popular fishing resort. Electricity is provided via a small generator and facilities are rather primitive. Besides the main lake there are also three lakes accessible only by hiking and several beaver ponds. One of the popular attractions is the "Indian Rock" which is a large bolder painted with the portrait of an Indian chief in a full head dress near the first of the beaver ponds. Controversy has been attached to the rock due to people who were repainting it choosing their own color scheme instead of using the colors the original artist used. Pictures of the rock from when it was first painted or at least before it was repainted in the wrong colors are highly sought after to help restore the original color scheme.