The Louis Armstrong House was the home of Louis Armstrong and his wife Lucille Wilson from 1943 until his death in 1971. Lucille gave ownership of it to the city of New York in order to create a museum focused on her husband. It was designated a New York City Landmark in 1988 and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1976.
It is located at 34-56 107th Street near 37th Avenue, in Corona, Queens, New York City. The house is now a museum that presents concerts and educational programs, operates as a historic house museum and makes materials in its archives of writings, books, recordings and memorabilia available to the public for research.