Lititz is a borough in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, 6 miles (approximately 10 km) north of the city of Lancaster. Pennsylvania Routes 772 (Orange and Main Streets) and 501 (Broad Street) run through the town. According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 2.3 square miles (6.0 km2), all land. Lititz was founded by members of the Moravian Church in 1756, and was named after a castle (mentioned form of name is German; Czech name of this castle is Litice) in Bohemia near the village of Kunvald where the ancient Bohemian Brethren's Church had been founded in 1457. The roots of the Moravian Brethren's Church date back to the ancient Bohemian Brethren's Church.
Sites of interest:
Warwick High School is located in Lititz, Pennsylvania and operates in the Warwick School District
The Lititz Public Library is a member of the Library System of Lancaster County.