Lexington National Cemetery is a United States National Cemetery located in the city of Lexington, Kentucky. It encompasses less than 4050 square metres (1 acre), and as of the end of 2005 had 1,390 interments. It is closed to new interments.
Lexington National Cemetery was originally a military section of the Lexington Cemetery which was first used to inter American Civil War casualties in 1861. After the war, several makeshift battlefield cemeteries had their remains moved to Lexington. In 1863, the lot was officially designated a National Cemetery, and in 1867, an additional 1500 square metres (0.38 acres) were purchased by the federal government to increase the lot to its current size.