Leschi Park is an 18.5 acre (75,000 m²) park in the Leschi neighborhood of Seattle
, named after Chief Leschi of the Nisqually tribe. The majority of the park is a grassy hillside that lies west of Lakeside Avenue S. and features tennis courts, picnic tables, and a playground. Across Lakeside Avenue to the east is the western shore of Lake Washington
and a small lawn with benches. To its south is the southern portion of Leschi Moorage, separated from the northern portion by a parking lot in the E. Yesler Way right-of-way, private docks, and an office/restaurant complex.The cable car run from Pioneer Square
that operated from September 27, 1888, to August 10, 1940, terminated here.