Lansdale is a borough in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, 28 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Early in the 20th century, its industries included agricultural implement works, a canning factory, foundries, brickyards, a silk mill, and manufacturers of cigars, stoves, shirts, rope, iron drain pipe, and glue. In 1900, 2,754 people lived here; in 1910, 3,551; and in 1940, 9,316 people were inhabitants of Lansdale. The population was 16,269 at the time of the 2010 census. According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 3.1 square miles (8.0 km2), all land.
The community is a part of the North Penn School District. K-6 public elementary schools in Lansdale include Gwynedd Square Elementary, Knapp Elementary, Oak Park Elementary, Inglewood Elementary, Walton Farm Elementary, and York Avenue Elementary. Penndale Middle School serves grades 7-9. The area public high school is North Penn High School in Towamencin Township. The borough is also home to St. Stanislaus School of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia. In January 2012 the archdiocese announced that St. Rose of Lima School in North Wales is merging with St. Stanislaus, with students attending classes in Lansdale. The newly combined school will be known as Mater Dei, Latin for "Mother of God." Calvary Baptist School is a pre-K-12th grade Christian school. Lansdale area private high schools include Lansdale Catholic High School and Christopher Dock Mennonite High School. Dock is in Towamencin Township.