The Langston Hughes Performing Arts Center (LHPAC) is an arts venue in Seattle
, USA, operated by Seattle Parks and Recreation and named after African American writer Langston Hughes. The building has Seattle landmark status. Dating from 1915, it was originally a synagogue, designed by B. Marcus Priteca for the Orthodox Jewish congregation Chevra Bikur Cholim, now Bikur Cholim Machzikay Hadath
As of 2009, it will soon undergo a US$2.5 million upgrade, including its second round of seismic retrofitting.The main auditorium has a seating capacity of 285. A 4,400-square-foot (410 m2) activity hall downstairs can accommodate "almost 300 individuals".The additions to the building have been for office and support spaces, and to provide barrier-free access.