The Landmark Theater in Richmond, Virginia, United States is a theater at the southwest corner of Monroe Park. It is so named because it is "one of the best known buildings in Richmond." Formerly known as "The Mosque," the Landmark was constructed in 1926 to be used by the Shriners as the ACCA Temple Shrine. The city purchased the building in the 1940s and refurbished it between 1994 and 1995. In 1995 the name was officially changed from The Mosque to Landmark Theater. It is currently a very popular venue, hosting a number of big-name musical and theatrical performers each year. The theater was designed in Moorish Revival style by Marcellus Wright, Sr. in association with Charles M. Robinson and Charles Custer Robinson in 1925 and completed in 1926.