Keizer is a city in Marion County, Oregon, United States, along the 45th parallel. It was named for Thomas Dove and John Brooks Keizer, two pioneers who arrived in the Wagon Train of 1843, and later filed donation land claims. The population was 36,278 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Salem Metropolitan Statistical Area. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 7.3 square miles (19 km2), of which 7.1 square miles (18 km2) is land and 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) (2.03%) is water.
Museums and other points of interest:
The Keizer Heritage Museum is inside the Keizer Heritage Community Center, which was formerly the Keizer School. The school, built in 1916, has been completely restored and is the only public historic building in Keizer. Other tenants of the building include the Keizer Community Library, the Keizer Art Association and gallery, and the Keizer Chamber of Commerce.