The John Bowne House is an historic home located in Flushing, Queens, New York. Built around 1661, it was the location of a Quaker meeting in 1662 that resulted in the arrest of its owner, John Bowne. Since 1947, Bowne House has been a museum.
The house stands at #1 Bowne Street at 37th Avenue in Flushing, New York. The home is a wood-frame English Colonial saltbox, notable for its steeply pitched roof with three dormers. The house was altered several times over the centuries, and several generations of the Bowne family lived in the house until 1945, when the family deeded the property to the Bowne Historical Society. Bowne House reportedly served as a stop on the Underground Railroad prior to the American Civil War.
Archaeological investigations have been conducted by Dr. James A. Moore of Queens College, City University Of New York. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.