The James Watson House, now the Rectory of the Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Bayley Seton, at 7 State Street between Pearl and Water Streets in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1793 and extended in 1806. It is located near the southern tip of Manhattan Island, across from Battery Park. The architect of the eastern (original) half is unknown, but the western extension is attributed to John McComb, Jr.
James Watson was the first Speaker of the New York State Assembly and a Federalist member of the New York and United States Senates. He was a Yale University graduate who became a prosperous importer-exporter. After the Civil War, Irish immigrant Charlotte Grace O'Brien bought the house to be the Mission of Our Lady of the Rosary, which served as a way station for young immigrant girls. The house was designated a New York City Landmark in 1965, and in 1972 was added to the National Register of Historic Places.