Inglewood Cottage is a Gothic Revival villa, built c. 1850, located at 150 Bethlehem Pike, in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was designed by famed American architect, Thomas Ustick Walter, Fourth Architect of the U.S. Capital, and built by Cephas Childs, a prominent Philadelphia lithographer and director of the Chestnut Hill Railroad. The home was among the first summer cottages built in and around Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the mid to late 19th Century for wealthy Center City Philadelphians.
The home was owned for many years by John Story Jenks, a prosperous dry goods merchant, for whom the Philadelphia School District named The John Story Jenks Elementary School. Jenks' summer home, Inglewood, is adjacent to Inglewood Cottage on the same compound. Inglewood is a large Georgian Revival home designed, in its present form, by the architectural firm of Cope & Stewardson. Jenks' daughter, Mary, and son-in-law, Joseph S. Lovering, and their family lived on the compound throughout much of the 20th century. Inglewood Cottage passed from Lovering family ownership in 1986, Inglewood in 1991.
Inglewood Cottage was modified greatly over the years, mostly by the Lovering family. It was enlarged and altered extensively in 1900 and 1906, by the architectural firm of Kennedy, Hays, & Kelsey, when a new dining room and kitchen were added. The 1906 addition and alterations were carried out by the contracting firm of George S. Roth & Sons. Later alterations included the addition of a solarium on the west side of the house, a Butler's pantry, gardener's privy, enclosed porch and balcony on the east side of the house, and a garage and potting shed detached structure on the southeast corner of the grounds. The home has undergone extensive restoration since 2004. It is currently owned by the Cristofanilli family originally from Rome (Italy).