The Holman Field Administration Building is a Kasota limestone building designed by Clarence Wigington and built in 1939 by WPA employees. It serves as the control building for the St. Paul Downtown Airport
in Saint Paul
in the U.S. state of Minnesota
. The airport was named for Charles W. Holman, who won the U.S. air speed trials in 1930.
The airfield was built on the former site of Lamprey Lake, which was filled with dredged material from the adjacent Mississippi River, which regularly floods the airport. Across the river in Indian Mounds Park
is one of the last remaining airway beacons in the country. During World
War II, Northwest Airlines employed up to 5000 people at the site, modifying new B-24 Liberator bombers, some of which received the highly classified H2X radar, which proved to be an invaluable tool in the European theater.