Heald Square Monument is a sculpture depicting Robert Morris and Haym Salomon, the two principal financers of the American Revolution, along with George Washington. The sculpture was designated a Chicago Landmark on September 15, 1971. It is located in the Michigan–Wacker Historic District and in Loop community area of Chicago, Illinois. The sculpture was begun by Lorado Taft and completed by his associate Leonard Crunelle. The square was named for Captain Nathan Heald, commander of Fort Dearborn from 1810-1812. Like many other Chicago outdoor sculptures, this sculpture has been moved. It once was perpendicular to the Chicago River as can be seen in the aforementioned Official City of Chicago website 1974 picture.