Hawikuh Ruins, or Hawikuh (Hawikku, "gum leaves" in Zuni ) is a National Historic Landmark located 12 miles southwest of Zuni Pueblo, New Mexico, on the Zuni Indian Reservation. It is included within Zuni-Cibola Complex, a larger National Historic Landmark District that includes other ruins as well. Hawikuh was one of the largest of the Zuni pueblos at the time of the Spanish entrada. It was founded around 1400 AD. It was the first pueblo to be visited and conquered by Spanish explorers.