The Michael J. Hagan Arena (previously known as the Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse) of Saint Joseph's University is SJU's home court for Men's and Women's basketball. The new arena seats 4,200 which is 1,000 more than the Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse seated. The renovation adds a concourse, larger offices and locker rooms, a Hall of Fame room, study rooms, basketball center, and practice facilities. Seven-hundred seats were added to the student section which puts the total at 1,700 and makes this part of the arena even more intimidating for opposing teams.
The original Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse was a 3,200-seat multi-purpose arena in Philadelphia
. The arena, home to the Saint Joseph's University Hawks basketball opened in 1949 on Hawk Hill and was inaugurated on November 26 with a loss to the University of Rhode Island. The first women's varsity home game was a loss to Immaculata University on January 17, 1974. The building was dedicated to all college soldier-heroes on its dedication day, Veterans Day 1949. In addition to serving as an arena for the basketball teams, Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse also contains locker rooms for students, faculty, and other varsity teams, an additional recreation room, squash courts, a swimming pool, and a weight room.
Ramsay Basketball Center:
The Hagan also includes the Ramsay Basketball Center, named after legendary coach Jack Ramsay, which is a two-story, 20,000-square-foot (1,900 m2) wing with locker rooms, offices, study space, conference rooms, and a Hall of Fame room. The first game at Hagan was a win against Drexel University
and the Hawks went 8-4 in the first season at Hagan.