The Grant Building is one of the major distinctive and recognizable features of Downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. The tower is located on and named for Pittsburgh's Grant Street, which has historically been the hub of the city's corporate and governmental operations. The Grant Building was completed in 1930 at a cost of $5.5 million ($76.5 million today) and has thirty-seven floors. It rises 485 feet (148 m) above downtown Pittsburgh.
The art deco building's facade is built with Belgian granite, limestone, and brick. The beacon could be seen as far away as 150 miles (240 km) on clear nights. The tower on the roof also served as the broadcast antenna for radio station KDKA Pittsburgh. The radio station made its first broadcast from the building's third floor.