This article is about a building in Buffalo, New York designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. For other similarly named buildings, see Barton House.
The George F. Barton House was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, built between 1903 & 1904, and is located at 118 Summit Avenue in Buffalo, New York. The Barton House is part of the larger Darwin D. Martin House
Complex, considered to be one of the most important projects from Wright's Prairie School era.
The complex was commissioned by Darwin D. Martin an entrepreneur who worked at the Larkin Soap Company. The site was purchased by Martin in 1902 as a location where he planned to build two houses,one for himself, and one for his sister, Delta Martin Barton, and her husband, George F. Barton.The Barton House is on the north east corner of the complex
Wright's K. C. DeRhodes House in South Bend, Indiana, is a mirror image twin of the Barton House. The F.B. Henderson House in Elmhurst, Illinois is also similar in plan.The Martin House Restoration Corporation operates guided public tours and presents educational programs for both volunteers and the general public.