Frick Park is the largest municipal park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, covering 561 acres (2.27 km2). It is one of Pittsburgh's four historic large parks. The park began when Henry Clay Frick, upon his death in 1919, bequeathed 380 acres (1.5 km2) south of Clayton, his Point Breeze mansion (which is now part of the Frick Art & Historical Center). He also arranged for a $2 million trust fund ($26.8 million today) for long-term maintenance for the park, which opened on June 25, 1927. The park was enlarged from Point Breeze into Squirrel Hill to the border of Edgewood.
It is one of the few areas of a city that Frick helped industrialize, where steep ravines and mature woods remain relatively undisturbed, forming a nature reserve of native plants and abundant wildlife. Owls, amphibians, wild Turkey, fox, and many mammal species are found in the park.
In the section of the park located near the corner of Beechwood Boulevard and Nicholson Street, there is a playground with a long blue slide going down a steep hill and that playground is therefore known colloquially as the blue slide park. Pittsburgh rapper Mac Miller's album Blue Slide Park, the first indie top of the charts recording in a quarter of a century, is named for this playground. The song Frick Park Market is likewise named for a cafe at the Regent Square park boundary.