The Fort Pitt Bridge is a steel, double decker bowstring arch bridge that spans the Monongahela River near its Confluence with the Allegheny River in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It carries Interstate 376 (formerly Interstate 279) between the Fort Pitt Tunnel and Downtown Pittsburgh. It was the World's first computer designed bowstring arch bridge.
The Fort Pitt Bridge, designed by George S. Richardson of Richardson, Gordon, & Associates, opened on June 19, 1959. Its predecessor bridge since the late 19th century, the Point Bridge, spanned even closer to the aforementioned confluence from West Carson Street (near the Duquesne Incline) to Water St. (now Fort Pitt Blvd.), near the tip of Point State Park. The Point Bridge closed two days after the opening of the Fort Pitt Bridge, but remained standing until it was dismantled (along with the connected Manchester Bridge) in 1970.